Friday, October 21, 2011

Tigers of Sadness

So at first I wasn't the least bit interested in the events that took place in Ohio involving the release of all those exotic animals after their owner committed suicide, but after seeing a picture and article in the paper this morning I must admit my heart sank a little bit. Never mind all the common animals; lions, bears, zebra and others, those are in abundance and easily replaced. 18 rare Bengal tigers were included amongst the pile of dead animals, lets emphasize this again, RARE Bengal tigers. I could see shooting all of the other animals because of safety concerns but I feel that it was ignorant of those people to not wait for professionals to help round up, tranquilize and capture these beautiful creatures for posterity's sake. The concern for human safety, in my eyes, does not outweigh the debt owed to the creatures of this planet whose habitats and lives have been ravaged by our blind self absorbed progression. My soul weeps for those tigers and the overall tragedy of this event. The earth is stained with blood shed by human hands, why not a little more right.......

1 comment:

  1. Well said. I couldn't watch any of the news covering this; not that I can watch much news anyway, as most of it's way too depressing.

    ReplyDelete